The Swedes have a philosophy known as “friluftsliv.”
It’s a lifestyle based on a connection with the outdoors, and it informs much of the country’s environmental policy, a policy that has helped Sweden maintain a position as the world’s most sustainable country for more than half a decade. Swedish cities have taken giant steps to reduce the country’s greenhouse gas emissions and Swedish researchers are developing technology to obtain 100% of their energy from renewable and recycled sources. The country is proof that big ambitions can lead to big change, and we’ve set our sights equally high at Nørdic.
CollecDev Buildings are designed and built to conserve more energy and resources than standard code-compliant buildings. Features Include: Geothermal system, Energy Recovery Ventilators, Green Roofs, High-Performance thermal Envelope, Bird-Friendly Glazing, LED Lighting in Common Areas, Tri-sorter disposal and recycling system, programmable thermostats, efficient water features & more!
1. Close to Transit Options – With a Transit Score of 90, residents of Nørdic Condos will have easy access to TTC Transit in the area. Several regional bus routes run in the area and Wilson Subway station is just a few minutes walk away. Yorkdale Shopping Centre is located just one subway stop South and York University is just four subway stops North. UofT is just a 16-minute subway ride away. Residents will be able to easily commute into downtown Toronto in under 40 minutes. The Eglinton Crosstown LRT is just 8 minutes away.
2. Lifestyle Amenities – Yorkdale Shopping Centre is located near Nørdic Condos, accessible by just one subway stop, and offers residents more than 240 world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment options. Located down the road are plenty of grocery and big box stores, cafes, and restaurants for residents to enjoy.
3. Highway Access – Highway 401 is located directly South of Nørdic Condos, allowing motorists to travel seamlessly throughout the city and the GTA. Connections to other 400 series Highways and the Don Valley Parkway are quick and easy. Driving into downtown will take less than 30 minutes.
4. Plenty of Green Space – One of Toronto’s biggest outdoor green spaces; Downsview Park is just 12 minutes away and offers residents of Nørdic Condos an escape from the busy city with recreational activities, bike, and walking trails, playgrounds and splash pads.
5. Family Friendly – Nørdic Condos is the perfect place for families to call home as there are plenty of schools in the area available for all ages. Post-Secondary students can easily access York University and Seneca College within 10 minutes by subway.